Links roundup 20 January 2012
Here's some of the design, technology and creative links that have caught our collective eyes over the last week...
The power of original thinking
- Who needs expensive physical addons for mobile payments? Card.io's system lets you simply take a photo of your credit card. A deceptively simple idea.
The power of words
- Great, persuasive letter from Douglas Adams to an unresponsive Disney executive - "We both share the same goal".
The power of design
- A visual rethinking of the Unix command line
- If anyone ever doubted the strength of Apple's design and understanding of how to make its hardware desirable, this comparison of the web pages for a MacBook and a comparable HP laptop say it all.
The power held by Google
- Google are modifying their search algorithm to take into account information's position on the page - rewarding information held above the fold.
- The truth behind Facebook is finally revealed.