Links roundup 3 February 2012
Every week we round up some of the links that have caught the eye of members of Team Rckt. This week, we've got Jaguars that look like Cheetahs, Wookies that look like Grinches, and books that look like mountain ranges. Confused? You will be!
- Every type of data visualisation known to man can be found in this events listing site for Spirit Nottingham including timelines, picture clouds, tag clouds, maps, and grids. Loving the full screen HTML5 goodness.
- Radical site (re)designs for Gov.uk and BBC Sport, with polarised reaction around the web to both.
Looking at the world differently
- Asking yourself "Why?" rather than "What?" is the theme of this great TED talk by Simon Sinek.
- Adam Ladd, a brand designer from Ohio, asks his 5 year old daughter what she thinks of various well known brand marks.
Making new things from others
- Lovely mountain ranges carved from books in The Carved Book Landscapes of Guy Laramée
- What if Dr Suess did Star Wars?
Museums Sheffield funding cuts
- We made a Wordle visualisation of the most common words found in the public's comments on Museums Sheffield's "cuts" blog post:
- And we love this drawing, found by @RosieEagleton on the Weston Park comment wall: